Invest Bristol and Bath have been working with Secret Escapes to help them locate to the region. The IBB team have also assisted with talent recruitment and the promotion of the company as a great place to work.
In order to announce their arrival and to find some of the excellent tech talent we hold in the region – Secret Escapes will be holding a hackathon where the lucky winner will receive £1,000 of Secret Escapes vouchers.
Labelled as the “Secret Escapes Mission”, the company will be looking for a people who can innovatively and attractively inspire the world to escape using their apis along the following themes:
- Visualisation – showing deals and deal data in ways that reveal interesting trends
- Exploration – new user interfaces for browsing and finding deals e.g. natural language search
- Augmentation – combining our data with data from other sources to create richer deal information
- Or Amaze us: got a wild idea which doesn’t fit in the above themes, show us how creative you can get
Each team will be provided the following resources:
- Secret Escapes API and test environment
- API documentation
- Slack channel with access to our developers and designers
The event will take place on 20th June at the Engine Shed. Running from 6pm you’ll be able to network, find out more about Secret Escapes and see some of their hacks and of course present your own ideas. Food and drink will be provided.